Nancy is a city which is incredibly green and beautifully sheltered with foliage. The greater Nancy area counts an impressive number of parks and gardens without even including the Botanical Gardens and its 12,000 species!
Listed below are the principal gardens and parks, but you are sure to stumble over plenty of others as they are found 10 minutes from anywhere!
- 239 hectares of parkland including 11 parks, 13 gardens, 23 squares, five walks and 80 elaborate flower beds
- 415,000 plants, including 220,000 annual plants, 150 000 biennial plants, 15 000 green and flowering plants and 30 000 perennials
- 1300 plant boxes, pots and hanging baskets
- 8000 m² of flowers spread over 125 points in the city
- 7,500 street trees managed by the Greater Nancy
- 12,940 trees managed by the Ville de Nancy and a trail tree with QR codes which (with a smart-phone) tell you all about our remarkable friends the trees
- 61 play areas or 193 play structures certified ISO 9001 version 2008
- The House of Nature at St Mary’s Park (Parc Sainte Marie) (which receives 14,000 visitors a year )
- 300 animals in an animal Nursery
- And to ensure it all operates smoothly ... 102 dedicated staff!