Nancy and Art Nouveau weekend
Nancy became capital of Eastern France at the end of the 19th C and experienced a remarkable development. The artists of the European Art nouveau movement Ecole de Nancy renewed art and created exceptional pieces of work soughting inspiration in plant-life.
The Musée de l’École de Nancy features a range of works by artists such as Gallé, Majorelle, Vallin, Prouvé (Victor) and Muller.
The Fine Arts Museum, meanwhile, is home to the Daum collection featuring more than 300 pieces of glasswork. It is a collection unrivalled by any museum in the world.
If architecture is your thing, then the Saurupt and Parc Sainte Marie districts are definitely worth visiting, along with the city's bank and shopping streets.
You can also enjoy afternoon refreshments at Brasserie Excelsior, a jewel of the Art Nouveau movement.
Special reduced-rate break offer valid at weekends only, for 2 days/1 night.
From €66 per person (based on a double room), including:
• One night in a hotel in Nancy or Greater Nancy, including breakfast
• A Nancy City Pass which includes:
- A visit to select:
A guided tour in French (with tour guide) on Saturday at 2:30 pm (April to October, guided tours must be booked in advance) or a audio-guided tour in English all year round during Nancy Tourisme's opening hours (you can choose from 2 different tours : Art Nouveau or historical center. 30 € deposit per audio-guide).
- An illustrated booklet about Nancy in English : history of the city with commentaries on the main sightseeings
- Discovery transportation ticket valid for 24 hours
- 50% discount on bike rental
- 10% discount on a selection of products in the tourist office’s store
• Our plus : one afternoon refreshment at Brasserie Excelsior, widely regarded as Nancy's finest traditional brasserie, in a stunning Art Nouveau setting. Saturday afternoons, prior booking required
• A welcome pack containing all your documentation available and a sweet surprise on your arrival date.