Nancy and Metz, treasures of Lorraine
Nancy and Metz lie 60 km apart (less than 40 minutes by regional express train). Each city has its own, strong personality and is packed with great surprises. It's time to put those preconceptions aside and come and discover what Lorraine is all about...
Metz and Nancy are the two jewels of eastern France, each with a resolutely different personality from the other :
• Metz is a city with a history stretching back 3,000 years. The city's warm, yellow stone construction, gardens and towers are reflected in the waters of the Moselle river. Other highlights include the Saint Etienne Cathedral, the Imperial district dating back to the German occupation years (1870–1918) and the Centre Pompidou-Metz.
• Nancy is firmly rooted in the Lorraine region and is a much younger city, with only 1,000 years history. It was the capital of the Duchy of Lorraine for seven centuries. This stunning city is a place of contrasts, where Medieval and Renaissance architecture stands alongside the 18th century gold décor of Place Stanislas (UNESCO World Heritage Site). The Nancy Art Nouveau movement has left the city with a magnificent heritage. It has a non-stop cultural scene, as well as student population of 47,000.
With this break, you can explore the best that both cities have to offer in a single weekend.
Weekend break special offer: 3 days/2 nights
From €198 per person (based on a double room in a 3*** hotel in the city centre), including:
• 2 nights in a hotel *** including breakfast
• 2 dinners (drinks are not included) one in each city
• A Nancy City Pass which includes:
- A visit to select:
A guided tour in French (with tour guide) on Saturday at 2:30 pm (April to October, guided tours must be booked in advance) or a audio-guided tour in English all year round during Nancy Tourisme's opening hours (you can choose from 2 different tours : Art Nouveau or historical center. 30 € deposit per audio-guide).
- An illustrated booklet about Nancy in English : history of the city with commentaries on the main sightseeings
- Discovery transportation ticket valid for 24 hours
- 50% discount on bike rental
- 10% discount on a selection of products in the tourist office’s store
• 1 Metz Passport City Pass which includes:
- Entry to the Musée de la Cour d’Or- Entry to the Centre Pompidou Metz
- An audio-guided tour of the city
- Great discounts on leisure activities, shopping, shows, tasting sessions and dining
• 1 welcome and presentation pack covering both destinations